SHOPPING & MONEY
LISTEN AND WATCH
- Click here to do the activity. Click on the icon "task" to do the listening comprehension exercise. Check your answers as many times as necessary. To check the script, click on the "Text" icon
- THE WORLD´S MOST EXPENSIVE CHRISTMAS TREE
- Click here to watch the video and decide if the following statements are TRUE or FALSE:
1. A hotel in oil-rich Abu Dhabi claims to have the world's most expensive Christmas tree.TRUE
2. The recession is affecting Christmas money-spending habits in Abu Dhabi. T/F
3. Items of jewellery studded with precious stones are draped on the tree's branches. T/F
4. The jewellery used to decorate the Christmas Tree belongs to the Emirates Palace Hotel.T/F
5. The Christmas tree is intended to win a Guiness World Record for the biggest tree.T/F
6. The Christmas tree sits in the sumptuous lobby of the hotel. T/F
7. The luxurious hotel was the first one in the world to offer cash machine service. T/F
8. According to Jane, the Christmas tree will make guests feel part of an unparalleled experience. T/F
10 INTERESTING THINGS
Click here to see more.
Watch this video and fill in the gaps with the missing words:
1. Whenever I get _______ with the state of the world I think about the _______ gate at Heathrow airport.
2. It is generally said that we live in a world of ________ and ________.
3. Love may not usually be particularly dignified or _____________ but it´s always there.
4. When the _____ Towers collapsed none of the phone calls of the people _______ were messages of hate or ________.
5. If you look for it I´ve got a _______ feeling you´ll find that love _________ is all around.
LOVE ACTUALLY KEY: (1- gloomy/arrivals, 2- hatred/greed, 3- newsworthy, 4-Twin/on board/revenge, 5-sneaky/actually)